Delicious Indian dish number three- this one is even better than yesterdays… the coconut comes through loud and clear..
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 6 to 7 curry leaves, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup grated coconut (frozen)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups long green beans, cleaned and chopped into ½ inch pieces
- 4 to 5 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped into ½ inch squares
Heat a large saucepan with coconut oil. Add the mustard seeds and curry leaves and sauté on medium heat for a minute. Add the onion and coconut and sauté on medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the salt, turmeric, coriander and cilantro. Saute for another 2 to 3 minutes. Add the beans and potatoes. Mix well and lower heat to simmer and cover with lid. Cook for about 10 to 15 minutes. Take lid off and check if the potatoes are tender. Check for seasonings and serve warm.