- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Mix the spices, divide in half and keep aside.
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- ½ of the spice rub
- 1 tablespoon honey
Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl and keep aside.
- 1 7 to 10 pound turkey breast
- 1 orange, cut into eight pieces
- 1 lemon, cut into eight pieces
- 1 cup turkey or chicken broth
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ cup dry sherry
- 1 medium onion, chopped roughly
- 2 carrots, chopped roughly
- 2 celery stalks, chopped roughly
Have your gravy ready either the day before or the morning of. Transfer it to a large saucepan and keep aside.
Preheat convection oven to 325 degreed F.
Place the turkey onto a rack in a roasting pan. Turn the turkey over and place the cut up orange and lemon inside the cavity. Sprinkle salt and pepper liberally and turn it breast side facing up. Loosen the skin and carefully spread half the compound butter. Spread the rest all over the skin. Sprinkle the spice rub all over the top. Pour the broth, juice and sherry to the bottom of the roasting pan. Add the onion, carrots and celery. Keep aside.
Roast till internal temperature reaches 158 to 160 degrees F. Take out of the oven and place onto a platter and cover with foil to rest for at least 20 minutes. While the turkey is resting, take the drippings from the bottom of the pan and pour them into a small glass bowl. Let the fat separate, remove from top and pour the liquid into the prepared gravy and bring to a boil. Check for seasonings and heat the gravy through. Serve with the turkey.