This is a yummy combination of banana and pumpkin bread. Make this for the holidays- really good!
- 3 small or 2 large bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup turbinado sugar
- 2 ½ cups white whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup dark chocolate, chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9X5 loaf pan.
In an electric mixer, add the butter, honey and sugar. Beat for 2 to 3 minutes and add the eggs one at a time, beating in between. Add the mashed eggs, pumpkin puree and vanilla extract. Beat for a minute. On the side, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pumpkin spice and cinnamon to a medium bowl. Whisk well and gradually add to the egg mixture while beating slowly. Beat for a minute or two. Add the dark chocolate and mix with a spatula and transfer to the prepared pan. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or till a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle. Let cool and serve.