Nothing like starting the week with delicious and healthy cauliflower. If you follow my recipes- you know I make a lot of this cruciferous veggie and this one is especially easy and yummy….
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 10 to 12 curry leaves, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 1 cup cilantro, stems cut up and chopped and separated from the leaves
- 3 to 4 medium yellow potatoes, chopped into 1 inch dice
- 1 cauliflower head, cut into small florets, about 1 inch
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
Heat a large saucepan with the coconut oil and add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds and curry leaves. Cook for 30 seconds on medium heat and add the onion, ginger and cilantro leaves. Saute for 3 to 4 minutes on medium heat. Add the potatoes and cook on medium heat, constantly stirring for 5 to 6 minutes or till golden brown. Add the cauliflower florets, turmeric, coriander powder, salt and cayenne pepper and sauté for another 5 to 6 minutes. Turn the heat down and cover for about 5 minutes or till the potatoes and cauliflower are cooked through. Turn heat down and check for seasonings. Garnish with cilantro leaves and serve.