- 1 cauliflower head, cut into florets
- 3 to 4 potatoes cut into 3 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra light olive oil
Place the cauliflower florets and potatoes on a lined cookie sheet. Drizzle oil and sprinkle salt all over. Broil till golden brown, about 10 to 15 minutes. Take out and keep aside.
- 1 tablespoon extra light olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon onion (kalonji) seeds
- 1 medium white onion, sliced
- One 3 inch piece of ginger, sliced thin
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
In a wok like saucepan, heat the olive oil. Add the cumin, fennel and onion seeds. Saute for a minute on medium heat till the sees begin to sizzle. Add the onion and ginger. Saute for 4-5 minutes stirring constantly. Add the broiled cauliflower and potatoes. Add the salt, turmeric and cayenne pepper. Mix well and cover with lid. Cook for 10-15 minutes or till the potatoes are soft. Uncover and increase the heat. Add the garam masala and stir well. Check for seasonings.