Coconut Barfi (Coconut Dessert)
Delicious dessert for Diwali.. super simple and delicious!
- 2 cups fresh ricotta cheese (full fat)
- 4 to 5 cardamom seeds, crushed
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 cups dried unsweetened powdered coconut (grind shredded coconut in spice grinder)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup pistachios, chopped
- 1 9 inch round pie dish, spread some butter all over and keep aside
Add the coconut oil to a medium heavy on a medium heat. Once the oil melts, add the ricotta cheese. Cook on medium heat, constantly stirring for 5 to 10 minutes. Add the cardamom seeds, powdered coconut and sugar. Cook on medium heat while stirring for another 5 minutes or till the sugar melts. Transfer the mixture to the pie dish and smooth the surface with a knife. Add the pistachios over the top and cover with plastic wrap. Let it set in fridge for 2 to 3 hours before cutting into 2 inches squares. Serve room temperature.
barficardamom seedscoconut oilFood Blogfresh ricotta cheeseIndian dessertpistachiosRecipe Blogsugarunsweetened coconut
Leave a Reply