This is a delicious, crunchy salad- a departure from your regular, green variety. It has a combination of fresh fennel and endives. I added a crunchy apple to add some tartness and amazing flavor. I then complemented the salad with an orange dressing. The whole combination is delicious!!
- 1 fennel bulb, core taken out, cleaned and sliced thin
- 1 medium Pink Lady apple, core taken out, sliced thin
- 1 green endive, cut in half and sliced thin
- 1 red endive, cut in half and sliced thin
Transfer all the ingredients to a salad bowl.
- Juice of 4 clementines
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
Add all the ingredients to an airtight container and mix really well until all the dressing is emulsified. Pour on to the vegetables and toss well. Add salt and pepper if necessary.