This potato salad is yummy with lots of great flavors like oregano, olives and dills. I prefer my potato salad with a lemon dressing and this one has amazing crunch with cucumbers and pine nuts. It is a great side with burgers or any meat or fish!
- 4 to 5 large yellow skinned potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch dice
- Juice of 2 large lemons
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
Mix the ingredients in a small bowl and keep aside.
Place the potatoes in a large saucepan, cover with water and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to a simmer and cook till the potatoes are soft but not mushy, about 6 to 8 minutes. Drain and transfer to a serving bowl. While the potatoes are still warm, pour the dressing and mix well and keep aside.
- ½ English cucumber, chopped
- ½ cup kalamata olives, chopped
- ½ cup pine nuts
- ½ cup fresh dill, chopped
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
Add all the ingredients to the warm, dressed potatoes. Mix well and check for seasonings. Let the potatoes sit for at least an hour before serving.