- 5 to 6 potatoes, skinned and cut into 1 inch squares, cooked in water till soft
Sprinkle some salt on the hot potatoes once they are drained well.
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
Add the tomato paste and garlic into a small bowl. Add the boiling water and mix and let sit for 5 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon harissa sauce
- 1 preserved lemon, chopped (zest of one lemon can be used instead)
- 2 to 3 teaspoons lemon juice from the preserved lemons (or juice of a lemon)
- 1 teaspoon roasted cumin- crushed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
Add the harissa, preserved lemon, juice, cumin, salt and honey. Drizzle the oil slowly, whisking the dressing constantly. Check for seasonings and add to the hot potatoes. Mix well and taste for seasonings and add more salt if needed. Top with cilantro and serve.