Tag: harissa sauce
- 5 to 6 potatoes, skinned and cut into 1 inch squares, cooked in water till soft
Sprinkle some salt on the hot potatoes once they are drained well.
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
Add the tomato paste and garlic into a small bowl. Add the boiling water and mix and let sit for 5 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon harissa sauce
- 1 preserved lemon, chopped (zest of one lemon can be used instead)
- 2 to 3 teaspoons lemon juice from the preserved lemons (or juice of a lemon)
- 1 teaspoon roasted cumin- crushed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
Add the harissa, preserved lemon, juice, cumin, salt and honey. Drizzle the oil slowly, whisking the dressing constantly. Check for seasonings and add to the hot potatoes. Mix well and taste for seasonings and add more salt if needed. Top with cilantro and serve.
- 1½ pounds ground lean lamb
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large shallot, grated
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 4 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons harissa sauce
Put the lamb in a mixing bowl and add the paprika, salt, cumin, garlic, shallot, parsley, cilantro and harissa. Mix well and divide into 8 patties. Keep aside.
Grill the patties on high for 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
Sun Dried Tomatoes Mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sun dried tomatoes (in oil), chopped
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Juice of half a lemon
Mix the sun dried tomatoes, mayonnaise, cilantro, parsley, salt and lemon juice into a small bowl. Mix well and refrigerate till serving.
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- Baby arugula
- 2 baguettes, sliced and cut into 4 pieces each
Place a burger into a sliced piece of baguette. Spread some mayonnaise and add a tomato, some onion and arugula.